Post 2 : The best holidays I've ever had


It’s hard to say wich is my favorite holiday I’ve ever had, since I enjoyed every one of them, but, if I have to chose one, I could say that the trip I made to Melipeuco was the more exiting.
I went to Melipeuco with my family and stayed in a little and comfy cottage, it was made by the propietor’s own hands! This little house was at the side of a “Escorial”, we could walk some meters and met those volcanic rocks, but, the bad side of that magnific landscape, was it were the nest of scorpions, and sometimes they got into the house. At night time, the place around the cottage was a void of darkness, there was no light and no sound. The thing I would never forget about that place is that we got a swarm of termites, there were a ton of them, and they had wings, we had a really bad time the first days, but we got the house fumigated and the problem was solved… at least for a couple days
"the Escorial"

In that trip, we went to Conguillío National Park, but there was a fire warning, and they only allow us to cross it by car. We went also to the natural reserve “china muerta” and to termal springs, to get there, we had to do a 4 hour(and another 4 hours to come back) treking trough a river, and we got atacked by horseflyes, but we got used very fast to their precence.
this is not us, but I found it accurate

With no doubt that was one of the holidays that I enjoyed the most, I really would like to go there again, to see the bumblebees flying around, the magnificent trees and, even if it sounds crazy, I miss the annoying horseflyes.

Comments

  1. A handmade house? Wow, that should have been amazing. The landscape looks awesome. Also, I'm sorry about the horseflyes, I really HATE THEM! And there are like three types of them. Uggghh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the horseflyes are very annoying :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an encounter with a warm of termites and it wasn't great jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you were chased and bothered by differents insects all the time, but , there were mosquitoes? those blood suckers really are a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conguillio is so nice... I think the huge araucarias and the colorful lakes are the best, I hope you can visit it someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also know melipeuco, I always remember a Mapuche restaurant with very tasty food
    From there I went more to the mountain range to Icalma, almost arriving in Argentina.
    Aguante wallmapu!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 4: Videogames

Post 3 : Movies