Post 4: Videogames

Hello again, I’m Trinindad and I’m going to talk about videogames

I personally have a special attachment to this topic, since I started playing videogames since I was five. Through all this years I experienced different genres, stories and the feelings they brought to my life. It may sound silly, but they helped me in hard times, they were a new world to discover, that was my escape from the real world.

A lot of people told me that I’m very childish because I liked videogames, that they make people violent and are a waste of time. But I think that playing a videogame it’s like reading a book or watching a movie, but you have the control to make your own story, even if the ending is always the same (which doesn’t happen in all videogames), YOU, the player, is the one experiencing all, you empathize with the characters and take decision, things that one doesn’t appreciate in films or books, where you just watch how the characters develop by themselves.

Of course, not all the videogames are the same, there is a ton of genres that makes a huge difference between them, like Indie, Strategy, Puzzles, Adventures, RPG(Role Playing Game) and so on. Usually the focus of the media are the shooter or MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games, who are more competitive games without concentrating in developing a lineal story(not always) and just focusing in the fight between two teams. 

Comments

  1. Hi! Speaking about video games that tells people a story, do you like the "Zelda" ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I played some of them a long time ago, sadly I don't have the console to play the new ones

      Delete
  2. I think that when you read a book or watch a movie, you may empatize with the characters and it's story too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed,there are a lot of movie characters that I love, but you don't interact with them as in videogames, like in Undertale, you can even decide the fate of the characters, befriend them or fight.

      Delete
  3. I don't like very much shooters like COD or Battlefield. But I do enjoy them when there is a good story behind like The Last Of US or Uncharted (Naughty dog has the best AAA games). Which genre do you like the most? Also tell me about you favourite videogame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like shoters like Overwatch that doesn't tell a story itself but i'm not a huge fan, I've never played the exclusives of PS4 (or PS3) since I don't have either of them but I really like The last of us, beyond two souls, uncharted, Until dawn, etc. My favorite games are the Indie ones, such as The binding of Isaac, Undertale, Deltarune, One Shot, Night in the woods, etc. I also like the music and rythm games.
      What about you?

      Delete

  4. Sometimes videogames are more entertaining than books or movies because of the decision-making that needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as the stress of not knowing what will happen if you make wrong decision ;w;

      Delete
  5. And do you have a favourite videogame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to pick only one, I really like Indie games in general

      Delete
  6. Reading this post make me smile, i think the same as you <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 2 : The best holidays I've ever had

Post 3 : Movies